Posted on: April 1, 2020
The System Engineer will work with the School of Earth, Society, and the Environment IT and CyberGIS Center, and will focus on developing and provision cyberinfrastructure solutions for CyberGIS Center. This position will heavily emphasize computational systems operations in support of cyberGIS and geospatial data science projects involving advanced cyberinfrastructure (e.g., high-performance computing, cloud computing, and data-intensive computing), software and data integration from heterogeneous sources, back-end services that scale, and databases.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the evolution and operation of cyberinfrastructure resources of the CyberGIS Center
• Design, test and implement operational solutions for cyberGIS software and tools, e.g. online GIS capabilities and geospatial analytics tools
• Design, implement and test geospatial middleware and Web services to integrate cyberGIS with advanced cyberinfrastructure resources
• Develop cyberinfrastructure-based data services for the management of geospatial big data integration and analytics
• Provide technical support, training, and guidance to faculty, staff, collaborators, and students
• Attend, contribute to and present at meetings, conferences, and workshops as a representative of the CyberGIS Center
Successful candidates will have:
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Information Technology Technical Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after April 13, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
Applications must be received by April 13, 2020. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included),
and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three professional references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact Broderick Williamson Sr., email@example.com.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.