System Informatics & Analysis for Biomass Feedstock Provision
Biomass Implementation Optimization Modeling Analysis Simulation Software (BIOMASS) has been developed to conduct systems informatics and analysis for biomass provision scenario management. The software includes the following modules:
- BioFeed model, which is used for tactical level biomass supply chain optimization including biomass farm production and delivery schedules and farming equipment and vehicle selection;
- BioScope model, which is used for strategic level biomass supply chain optimization including facility location and capacity as well as optimal biomass flow patterns;
- BioTraNS model, which is used for operational-level biomass supply chain optimization including real-time vehicle routing and dispatch schedules;
- BioAgent model, which provides an agent-based simulation tool for analysis of the equilibrium performance between biorefineries and biomass producers; and
- BPSys platform, which provides a web interface and computational tools for web-based decision support.