Spring 2016 ROGER User Meeting
ROGER (Resourcing Open Geospatial Education and Research), the CyberGIS Supercomputer has been in production operation for a year. The CyberGIS Center for Advanced Digital and Spatial Studies is pleased to announce a user meeting that is designed to (a) bring together current ROGER users to share their knowledge and experiences; (b) update on system changes; (c) provide ROGER users on-site access to CyberGIS Center staff for consulting; and (d) reach out to potential new users.
Join us on Thursday, May 12th, 2016 from 11am-2pm at NCSA 1030. Pizza and drinks will be provided for lunch.
- 11:00am — 11:20am: Welcome and introduction - John Towns and Shaowen Wang
- 11:20am — 11:40am: Science highlight: NSF Critical Zone Observatory for Intensively Managed Landscapes (IML-CZO) - Praveen Kumar. Chair: Shaowen Wang
- 11:40am — 12:20pm: Lightning talks - Chair: Anand Padmanabhan
- Terra data fusion and 3D radiative transfer modeling - Guangyu Zhao and Larry Di Girolamo
- Detection and characterization of forest disturbances in California - Courtney Reents and Jonathan Greenberg
- USDA NRCS Scalable Solutions for High-Resolution Elevation Data - Tim Prescott and Aiman Soliman
- Scalable visual analytics for geospatial big data - Nathan Casler and Donald Keefer
- SKOPE - Synthesized Knowledge of Past Environments - Bertram Ludaescher and Johnathan Rush
- USGS National Map - Michael Finn, Jeffrey Wendel, and E. Lynn Usery
- 12:20pm — 12:30pm: Break (Pizza lunch served)
- 12:30pm — 1:10pm: ROGER system update and OpenStack demo - Jeff Terstriep, Johnathan Rush, and NCSA ICI staff. Chair: Randy Butler
- 1:30pm — 01:50pm: Science and CI highlight: National Flood Interoperability Experiment (NFIE) and cyberGIS innovation - David Maidment, Yan Liu, David Tarboton, and Shaowen Wang. Chair: Praveen Kumar
- 01:50pm — 02:00pm: Onsite help session - Chair: Anand Padmanabhan
The meeting will also be available via a Web Session. Telephone connection available under "more information" at that link.
Please register online: https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/4487793