Travel Award information
We are pleased to announce the availability of travel awards to support graduate students and postdoctoral scholars in the US to participate in the Third International Conference on CyberGIS and Geospatial Data Science (CyberGIS'16). The aim of these travel awards is to promote communication and collaboration while enabling graduate students and postdoctoral scholars to gain broad perspectives that are essential to resolving many geospatial scientific challenges and, thus, will greatly benefit our effort on education, training, and workforce development that have been identified as a major challenge for achieving the NSF Cyberinfrastructure Framework for 21st Century Science and Engineering. The awards will support the participation of selected graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Each award will cover up to $800 of conference-related travel expenses.
To apply for an award, please send an email to the program committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading "CyberGIS'16 Travel Award Application." Please attach to your email a single PDF document with:
- Your contact information (containing your full name and e-mail address, current address and contact phone number).
- As well as ONE of the following:
- Title of your submitted position paper
- A copy of your submitted abstract for a poster presentation
- If you are not submitting a position paper or abstract, you may instead include a 1-page statement (no more than 500 words) about why you wish to attend the conference, and why your attendance is important to your research, education, and/or future career. In this case, also include a recommendation letter from a faculty supervisor.
All applications should be received on or before the deadline, June 19th, 2016 11:59pm CDT.
- Applicant should be a graduate student or postdoctoral scholar at a U.S. university/college.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have either accepted position papers or submit abstracts.
- Awardees must register for and attend the full conference during July 26-28, 2016.
- The funding may be used for conference-related travel only.
- Application Submission: June 19th, 2016 11:59pm CDT
- Decisions/Notifications: June 24th, 2016
- Acceptance by awardees: June 30th, 2016 (conference registration must be completed.)
Awardees will be notified via email and their names will be published on the conference web site.