We are pleased to announce that NSF CyberGIS project will provide travel awards to support graduate students and postdoctoral scholars in US to participate in the Second International Conference on CyberGIS and Geodesign (CyberGIS'14). The aim of these travel awards is to promote communication and collaboration while enabling graduate students and postdoctoral scholars to gain broad perspectives that are essential to resolving many geospatial scientific challenges and, thus, will greatly benefit our effort on education, training, and workforce development that have been identified as a major challenge for achieving the NSF Cyberinfrastructure Framework for 21st Century Science and Engineering. The awards will support the participation of selected graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Each award will cover up to $800 of conference-related travel expenses.
To apply for an award, applicants need to send an email to Dr. Anand Padmanabhan with subject heading CyberGIS'14 Travel Award Application and containing a single PDF document with:
- Your contact information (containing your full name and e-mail address, current address and contact phone number).
- ONE of the following:
- Title of your accepted position paper
- Abstract (no more than 250 words) addressing new theories, methods, and applications of cyberGIS and geodesign
- A 1-page statement (no more than 500 words) about why you wish to attend the conference and why your attendance is important to your research, education, and/or future career; AND a recommendation letter from a faculty supervisor.
Accepted abstracts would be expected to be presented as posters at the conference.
All applications should be received on or before the deadline, July 11th, 2014 11:59pm CDT.
- Applicant should be a graduate student or postdoctoral scholar at a U.S. university/college.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have either accepted position papers or submit abstracts.
- Awardees must register for and attend the full conference during August 19-21, 2014.
- The funding may be used for conference-related travel only.
- Application Submission: July 11th, 2014 (11:59pm CDT)
- Decisions/Notifications: July 15th, 2014
- Acceptance by awardees: July 18th, 2014 (conference registration must be completed.)
Awardees will be notified via email and their names will be published on the conference web site.