We are pleased to announce that NSF CyberGIS project will provide travel awards to support graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and junior researchers in US to participate in the CyberGIS All Hands Meeting. The aim of these travel awards is to promote communication and collaboration while enabling graduate students, postdoctoral and junior scholars to gain broad perspectives on cyberGIS that are essential to resolving many geospatial scientific challenges. The awards will support the participation of selected graduate students, postdoctoral and junior scholars. Each award will cover up to $1200 of conference-related travel expenses.
To apply for an award, applicants need to send an email to Dr. Anand Padmanabhan (email@example.com) with subject heading AHM'15 Travel Award Application and containing a single PDF document with:
- Your contact information (containing your full name and e-mail address, current address and contact phone number).
- ONE of the following:
- Title of your accepted position paper
- Abstract (no more than 250 words) addressing new theories, methods, and applications of cyberGIS to be presented as a poster during the AHM’15
Accepted abstracts shall be presented as posters at the conference. All applications should be received on or before the deadline, Monday August 17th, 2015 (11:59pm CDT).
- Applicant should be a graduate student, postdoctoral or junior scholar at a U.S. university/college.
- Awardees must register for and attend the full conference during September 14-16, 2015.
- The funding may be used for conference-related travel only.
- Application Submission: Aug. 17, 2015 (11:59pm CDT)
- Decisions/Notifications: Aug. 19, 2015
- Acceptance by awardees: Aug. 21, 2015 (conference registration must be completed.)
Awardees will be notified via email and their names will be published on the conference web site.